What is dry needling?
Dry needling is a muscle treatment in which a solid filament needle is inserted into the skin and muscle, aimed directly at stimulating a myofascial trigger point. The approach is based on Western anatomical and neurophysiological principles which are not to be confused with the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) technique of acupuncture.
What problems/issues can be treated?
- Myofascial trigger points/muscle ”knots”
- Post-exercise recovery
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Arm pain (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, golfer’s elbow)
- Headache (includes migraines and tension-type headaches)
- Jaw pain
- Buttock pain and leg pain (sciatica, hamstrings strains, calf tightness/spasms)